MABARNST-L Archives

Archiver > MABARNST > 2007-12 > 1198155565

Subject: Re: [Barnstable Co MA] Gabriel Wheldon and spouse MargaretDiguina(?) 1620's
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:59:25 -0000

Author: Jillaine_Smith
Surnames: Taylor, Whelden, Burgess
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.massachusetts.counties.barnstable/1129.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

pjsears,

I was delighted to read your response. Thank you for providing so much detail and source information.

I have a related question involving this family, and pertinent to the original poster, who is descended of Ruth Whelden Taylor.

It's about who Ruth married-- which Richard. From my examination of the various records regarding the two Richard Taylors of Yarmouth and the supposedly two Ruths, I remain unconvinced that there were two Ruths and seriously question which Richard Taylor she married. (Sorry win1234.)

pjsears, it's possible that you have no interest in Ruth's marriage, but if you do (and if anyone else does, especially win1234), I invite you to read my query about the "Two Ruths" here:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.taylor/18793/mb.ashx

And if I'm wrong, I'll be happily proven so. Emphasis on proof.

Thanks!

-- Jillaine Smith
Washington DC
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jillaine