Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2007-04 > 1176715116

From: Valorie Zimmerman <>
Subject: Re: [LO] Multiple list mailing
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 02:18:36 -0700

I really don't mind the lack of BCC -- I never used it as a list admin anyway.
But I really miss the ability, as Larry mentions, of sending the same email
to more than one list without sending each individually. I don't send "mass"
emails very often, but when I have occasion to, I miss the Smartlist To line
stripping very much. For me, it isn't a matter of concealing, as it is not
confusing people, and preventing inadvertant crossposting.

Please, Rob - give it back?

Valorie

On Friday 13 April 2007 08:41, Larry M. Weatherly wrote:
> Sharon,
>
> Thanks for the explanation. It sort of negates the purpose of the BCC
> doesn't it?
>
> I want the posting to go all lists I admin; I do not want one list to
> be aware that I admin more than one list --- and with the Mailman
> parameters as they are that is precluded. My options are either to
> individually email - or provide all readers with information I do not
> feel is either essential nor prudent.
>
> At 05:19 PM 4/12/2007, wrote:
> >In a message dated 4/12/2007 3:10:18 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> > writes:
> >That message wound up in the pending
> >file for all three lists - something about 'implicit address' if
> >memory serves. As you all know I had to go to the administrative page
> >for each list and tediously approve those messages.
> >
> >So now, my simple little query is: is there a method to avoid that
> >situation

> >Yes there is a method to avoid that situation: Don't use the BCC!
> >Mailman doesn't allow it. Everything sent as BCC gets that "implicit
> >address" reject.
> >
> >Sharon Dulcich

This thread: