Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2007-04 > 1176484473

From: "Larry M. Weatherly" <>
Subject: Re: [LO] Multiple list mailing
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:14:33 -0500

Joan,

I fully understand the rationale for precluding BCC's. I was sort of
hoping there was a 'special place' for list admins to have it work
for them. Of course, that would also open the door for an
unscrupulous spammer (aren't they all?) to circumvent the rule. In
retrospect it is not worth it.

More importantly, why do I choose not to promulgate which lists I
admin? First, I have an overdeveloped sense of privacy when the
internet is involved. Second, many years back I had an incident on a
list, which I no longer admin, that I felt was directly related to
the knowledge by a list member of the lists I was serving at that time.

To steal a phrase from an entertaining T-shirt I once saw. " I am not
paranoid! You really are trying to get me!" ;-)

Be well and at peace,
Larry

At 11:54 AM 4/13/2007, wrote:
>In a message dated 4/13/2007 11:42:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> writes:
>Thanks for the explanation. It sort of negates the purpose of the BCC
>doesn't it?
>
>I want the posting to go all lists I admin; I do not want one list to
>be aware that I admin more than one list --- and with the Mailman
>parameters as they are that is precluded. My options are either to
>individually email - or provide all readers with information I do not
>feel is either essential nor prudent.
>
>-----
>BCCs are so frequently used by spammers and cross-posters who "spam"
>every list with off-topic garbage that I'm all in favor of this
>feature of MailMan.
>
>Why do you feel it isn't prudent for list members to know you admin
>OTHER lists? Obviously, this is your privilege and you know how to
>avoid it based on your comments above -- I just wonder what the
>reason is if you would care to let us know?
>
>Joan

>See what's free at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503>AOL.com.

This thread: