LYONS-L Archives

Archiver > LYONS > 2007-09 > 1188945175

From: ,
Subject: Re: [LYONS] Lyons in SW PA
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 22:32:55 -0000

Author: CChancellor7164
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.lyons/3507.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Mary Ann I remember now that we have corresponded before and I guess I told you the same things this time as before. Sorry about that! Yes, I can see where you can rule out William and Margaret Gibson Lyons. That's too bad! Perhaps someday soon someone will begin work on their line and it will be just the one you are linked to.

As a matter of fact, the person who posted all that information about William Lyons got most of it from me. I think they got it from a person I shared it with several years ago. I appreciate your thinking of me and if I come across any information I think may help you I will pass it along. I remember telling you about some McKees who came to Ohio from Pennsylvania. I am related to them through co-lateral lines however. The earliest McKee to come to Ohio was David McKee, b. 1795 in Co. Down, Ireland. He married Martha Dunlap.

Three of their eight children were born in Washington Co., OH. Alexander b. abt 1799; d. 1888; Margaret McKee, b. 29 Jan 1801, m. Joseph Caldwell; and Ezra McKee, b. abt 1802. I have several Mary McKee's but cannot connect any with my Lyons family.

Good luck in your continuing search!

Connie

Important Note: