LYONS-L Archives

Archiver > LYONS > 2007-09 > 1188824206

From: ,
Subject: Re: [LYONS] Lyons in SW PA
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:56:46 -0000

Author: CChancellor7164
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.lyons/3507.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Mary Lou,

I cannot confirm that your Elizabeth Lyons was connected to my family, but we have established a list of males who were children of William and Margaret Gibson Lyons. If your Elizabeth was born in 1802 that would make her two years younger than my ancestor George Lyons who was born in abt 1800, probably in Westmoreland County, PA. Although we have no Will to state his connection to William and Margaret we know that his brother Thomas sold him land in Morgan (now Noble) County which he bought for speculation purposes but remained in Carroll and later Harrison County, Ohio. William and at least two other sons went to Morgan County as well.

We can establish the residences of William, the father, from his declaration of service in the Revolutionary War. He stated he was living in Westmoreland County during that period of time.

Since we have no females in our list of children and William did not leave a will, we have always felt any daughters they may have had, married and stayed in Pennsylvania.

I know this doesn't give you the answers you are looking for but you are always welcome to join our family until you can prove it's the wrong one. LOL

Connie Lyons Chancellor

Important Note: