LUMSDEN-L Archives

Archiver > LUMSDEN > 2010-05 > 1274304231

From: "" <>
Subject: [LUMSDEN] Robert Lumsden or Lumsdon
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:23:51 -0000

Author: jacquicfuller
Surnames: Lumsden, Lumsdon
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.lumsden/264/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

This is a long shot but if anyone can help I would be Grateful. Robert Lumsdon was born in Seghill Northumberland in 1883. He married Margaret Robinson in 1903. They had twin daughters (Martha & Elizabeth) born in 1905, sadly Margaret died in 1907. During WW1 he served with the Cheshire regiment from November 1914 and was badly wounded on the 19th July 1916 during the battle of the Somme. He eventually was declared unfit for further war service and discharged from the Army in april 1918. Prior to finding his army records it had always been believed that he had been killed during WW1. As far as all living relatives are aware none of his family, at the time, ever saw him again. If any Ancestry members can help me find out what happened to him post 1918 I would be very grateful.

Important Note: