LUMSDEN-L Archives

Archiver > LUMSDEN > 2007-06 > 1182265677

From: Craig Beeman <>
Subject: Re: [LUMSDEN] Weakley Co., TN, FINCH / LUMSDEN? family
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:07:57 -0500

"Hello Fellow Family Researcher!"

Am sorry, but no family group sheet came through with this message.

Below is what I currently have for this family:

Descendants of
George T. LUMSDEN and Elizabeth Catherine DERRYBERRY

1. George T.1 LUMSDEN , born 1824; died abt 1858 in , Maury, TN, son
of Jesse LUMSDEN and Margaret BARKLEY . He married on 25 Jan 1848
in , Maury, TN Elizabeth Catherine DERRYBERRY , born 24 May 1811 in ,
Maury, TN; died 6 Mar 1893 in , Maury, TN; buried in , Marshall, TN,
daughter of Jacob W. DERRYBERRY and Margaret LONG .

Notes for George T. LUMSDEN
1850 Humphreys Co., TN census, No Township Listed, p 140. "Constable".

Notes for Elizabeth Catherine DERRYBERRY
1860 Maury Co., TN census, Dist. 23, p 510.
1870 Marshall Co., TN census, Dist. 12, p 150. "Farming".

Buried Long-Morton Cemetery.

Children of George T. LUMSDEN and Elizabeth Catherine
DERRYBERRY were as follows:
+ 2 i Jesse Jacob2 LUMSDEN , born 13 Oct 1848
in , Humphreys, TN; died 14 Dec 1935 in , Maury, TN. He married
Melissa HARDISON .
3 ii Tennessee Margaret2 LUMSDEN , born abt
1852 in , , TN.
4 iii Martha2 LUMSDEN , born abt 1855 in ,
Humphreys, TN.

Generation 2

2. Jesse Jacob2 LUMSDEN (George T.1), born 13 Oct 1848 in ,
Humphreys, TN; died 14 Dec 1935 in , Maury, TN. He married on 10 May
1875 Melissa HARDISON , born 14 Feb 1858 in , , TN; died 4 Feb 1940,
daughter of Alexander HARDISON and Eliza FOSSETT .

Notes for Jesse Jacob LUMSDEN
1880 Maury Co., TN census, Dist. 24, p 124A. "Farmer".
1900 Maury Co., TN census, Civil Dist. 25, E. D. 95, Sheet 1B. "Farmer".

Notes for Melissa HARDISON
The 1900 census cites her as "Mother of 9 children, 9 living".

Children of Jesse Jacob LUMSDEN and Melissa HARDISON were as follows:
5 i Elizabeth E.3 LUMSDEN , born 5 Sep 1876
in , , TN; died 15 Oct 1918. She married Joseph Albert RING , born
22 Sep 1870 in , , TN; died 12 May 1950, son of Lewis J. RING and
Sarah A. (---) .
6 ii Sallie B.3 LUMSDEN , born abt 1878 in
, Maury, TN. She married J. L. BROWN .
+ 7 iii Mary Margaret3 LUMSDEN , born 18 Dec
1879 in Pottsville, Maury, TN; died 4 Mar 1963 in Columbia, Maury,
TN; buried in Columbia, Maury, TN. She married Robert Harris JACKSON .
8 iv Fletcher3 LUMSDEN , born Jul 1882 in ,
Maury, TN. He married Addie CLYMORE .
9 v Willie3 LUMSDEN , born Aug 1884 in , Maury, TN.
10 vi Lenis M.3 LUMSDEN , born May 1889 in ,
Maury, TN.
11 vii Pauline3 LUMSDEN , born Nov 1890 in , Maury, TN.
12 viii Sam A.3 LUMSDEN , born 31 Jul 1896;
died 6 Mar 1931.
13 ix Homer3 LUMSDEN , born 5 Jan 1900; died
16 Aug 1929.

Generation 3

7. Mary Margaret3 LUMSDEN (Jesse Jacob2, George T.1), born 18 Dec
1879 in Pottsville, Maury, TN; died 4 Mar 1963 in Columbia, Maury,
TN; buried in Columbia, Maury, TN. She married on 2 Dec 1903 in ,
Maury, TN Robert Harris JACKSON , born 10 May 1875 in , Maury, TN;
died 25 May 1953 in , Maury, TN; buried in Columbia, Maury, TN.

Notes for Mary Margaret LUMSDEN
"Maggie" buried Rose Hill Cemetery.

Notes for Robert Harris JACKSON
Buried Rose Hill Cemetery.

Children of Mary Margaret LUMSDEN and Robert Harris JACKSON
were as follows:
14 i James L.4 JACKSON , born 1904; died 1905.
+ 15 ii Ronald Harris4 JACKSON , born 24 Aug
1907 in , Maury, TN; died 28 Apr 1998 in , Coffee, TN; buried in ,
Maury, TN. He married Johnnie Louise GREEN .
16 iii Mildred4 JACKSON , born 1910; died
1986. She married (---) TAYLOR .
17 iv Henry Curtis4 JACKSON , born 1913; died 1994.
18 v Cyril Douglas4 JACKSON , born 1915; died
1986. Notes: "Bud".
19 vi Samuel A.4 JACKSON , born 1918; died 1918.

TTYL

Craig

CRAIG Team # 8 - Team Leader

"Always Looking for Cousins!"