LUMPKIN-L Archives

Archiver > LUMPKIN > 2008-12 > 1228535737

From: ,
Subject: Re: [LUMPKIN] Any interest in Lumpkins DNA?
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 03:55:37 -0000

Author: gencrazy_1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.lumpkin/360.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Howard,
Unfortunately, if you had the mt DNA test done on the grand daughter of Sarah Chicora Lumpkin, it would test the mother's (Steele) line and not the Lumpkin line. It doesn't actually test for the Stelle surname either, just the mother's mother's mother's, etc. lineage.
Did Frank Andrew Lumpkin have any male heirs who had male heirs on which you could do a Y DNA test? In other words, the male line has to go from male to male to male without any female interference. This person would still have the surname Lumpkin(s)unless it was changed for some reason. This is actually what I'd like to compare with my Lumpkins DNA.
You could still do the mt DNA test on the grand daughter of Sarah Chicora Lumpkin, but you would not get "Lumpkin" mt DNA. It may not match the mt DNA of my Lumpkins sample because the female side for me was a Johnson.
I thank you for your willingness to offer a test though.
Karen

Important Note: