LOVE-L Archives

Archiver > LOVE > 2003-05 > 1053381207

From: "Mary Harkey Russell" <>
Subject: [LOVE-L] My letter
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:54:08 -0500

I thought when I sent that letter to both FTMdna and the Love list that you
could see that I had?? Guess not. If the members of those tests that we
don't know about trust me enough to send me their numbers. I will compare
them privately and let people know if they match.
Otherwise we can wait for a reply from FTMdna. For those of you
interested. From what I gather the 12 marker test is not that great. The
25 marker test is what most people are doing.
A 25/25 match means you are related within about 8 generations. Much easier
for us than trying to find a connection in the dark ages. <G> I wish they
would put out a book called
" Genealogy DNA for Idiots" I'd be the first to buy one.
Mary Harkey Russell

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~bird

This thread: