LORD-L Archives

Archiver > LORD > 1998-07 > 0901833492

From: <>
Subject: LORD family in Ohio
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:18:12 EDT

I am researching the LORD family, and I wanted to post the information I have
about them again to the list, in case someone recognizes it.

The earliest ancestor in the LORD line that I'm sure about is Abner Kern
LORD, born abt. 1822 in OH. His mother may have been Elizabeth and he
probably had a brother named Henry, born abt. 1821, and a sister named Nancy.
Nancy married George HOOD, and she probably died before 1850. They had three
children in 1850 - names looked like Henry, Jane, and Edward, born abt. 1845,
1847, and 1849, respectively. There might have been another sister or sister-
in-law named Eliza LORD who married Ezra LORD. Or perhaps Ezra was their
brother. Their might have been another LORD brother named John also. He was
living with Abner Kern LORD and family on 1850 census.

Abner Kern LORD married Susannah TETER MC MULLENs in 1845. They lived in
Scioto Co., OH until sometime between 1850 - 1860, when they moved to IL.
Their children were John, Frank, Albert, Sarah Elizabeth, and Eliza.

Another possible connection is Perry LORD, who lived in Union Twp in early
1800's. Another is Thomas LORD who lived for a time in Franklin Co., OH.

On the 1810 census, there was an Abner LORD who lived in Washington Co., OH.
He died abt. 1821 and his will was recorded in Franklin Co., OH. It seems
like there may be a connection, between Abner Kern LORD and Abner LORD. One
possiblity is that Abner Kern LORD's mother, Elizabeth, was a KERN. Maybe she
was the daughter of an Abner KERN, who was on the 1820 census in Ross Co., OH.

Anyway, I'd like to know if you recognize any of these names,or if you have
any info. about the LORD family in Ohio. Please let me know. Thanks.

Beth

This thread: