LITHUANIA-L Archives

Archiver > LITHUANIA > 2008-11 > 1226770375

From: "David Zincavage" <>
Subject: Re: [LITHUANIA] Lithuanian political affiliation in the U.S.
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:32:55 -0500

I have around somewhere an old pamphlet on Lithuanian ethnicity, written
from a self-admiring Lithuanian perspective. It goes on, in the usual tone,
about just how strong, blond, hard-working, and religious, those Lithuanian
immigrants are, and explains that, upon arrival, they met the Irish,
discovered they were democrats, and consequently became rock-ribbed
Republicans.

DZ