LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-11 > 1162598114

Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] Blank messages
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 18:55:14 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2006 5:47:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I belong to a good number of mailing lists and I noticed what I think
is an increase in the number of emails being sent to lists that are
blank with the exception of footers.

Other than a list subscriber sending an email in error is there some
other reason for this?

J. Asche

Joan-

It is a known situation that Juno/Netzero webmail text is "scrubbed" and the
messages come through blank -- I haven't noticed that lately and don't know
if the problem has been fixed or not--if so, we've not been informed of the
fix.

Also, I've seen some AOL-sent messages come through blank and in every case
the messages that came through blank were FORWARDED posts and MailMan
apparently treated the forward like an attachment and scrubbed it. I'd advise AOLers
to send a forwarded message as a copy and paste instead of a forward--that
works fine.

Joan

This thread: