LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-10 > 1161837624

From: "MJ Mann" <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] new spam after list moved
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 00:40:24 -0400

DABF,

I use this address only for mail lists. Up until recently, I received
maybe one or two a WEEK (gmail is very good about putting them in a
spam folder)

Since the 'migration', it has gradually grown. I now get in excess of
20 a DAY! I haven't counted and any time I check mail, I delete
contents of that spam folder.

There has to be a connection, since like I said, all I have here is
mail list postings/replies. Been that way for almost 2 years.

I use other email addresses (I have 5 others) for other things. My
yahoo gets over 100 a day, but with its exposure ... that's almost to
be expected, unfortunately.

It's annoying, to say the least. I believe the migration/new software
is responsible for the 'spike' in spam, since that's the only
variable.

Maureen

On 10/25/06, DABF <> wrote:
> I hope that this is the proper forum: I have a private (by direct subs.
> only) list. Since the change in format, etc. I have noted increased
> messages from spammers. Is this just luck of the spam or have others
> noted this?
>
> DABF

This thread: