LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-10 > 1160668718

From: "Drayton Wynthner" <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] List Mime
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:58:38 -0500

Huh??
I'm not interested in anyone trying to do my genealogy!
My comment was on the actions some List Administrators are taking in not
fullfilling the responsibilities to list subscribers

>From: Lois Hill <>
>Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] List Mime
>Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:30:29 +0100 (BST)
>
>Just read your letter to the administrator and it is sure a bother to try
>and do your genealogy. Do you have the addresses for the Erie and Shamrock
>pages. Good luck-- I am researching John and Mary Fljynn from Hingham, MA
>in the 1850-60's
>
>Drayton Wynthner <> wrote:
>

> >From: "maria skwierawski"

> >Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] List Mime
> >Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:44:59 +1000
> >
> >Hi Joan and All
> >Most of my list admins have now changed me to Mime but I am still haveing
> >trouble with a few. Some I have asked twice and am still not getting an
> >answer this is what I got from the Eire list admin,
> >Has Rootsweb told this to Admins ?
> >I haven't been able to find it on the Help site
> >
> >Sorry, Maria,
> >
> >Thanks to the unnecessary changes made by Rootsweb resulting in an
> >over-burdening of demands upon List Owners' time, a decision has been
>taken
> >not to engage in setting individual preferences, so regretably, the list
> >remains set as is.
> >

>This admin should be reported to STAFF -IMMEDIATELY. Hopefully they will be
>removed as list admin for not fulfilling their responsibilities!
>
> >And this is from the Shammrock list
> >sorry I can't do that, I have no idea if it even comes any format other
> >than
> >just regular digest or regular individual.
> >

>Ditto on this admin as well. ANY Admin who doesn't know their job doesn't
>need to be an admin- period!
>
> >Are there any lists who don't have admins ?
> >I know the gentleman who runs the Kearns list suggested if I wanted it
> >changed then I become his assistant Admin
>
>Ditto here too.
>Admins are here to do a job and if they are unwilling to do it hten they
>should be shown the door pronto.
>
> >Maria from Colyton

Be seen and heard with Windows Live Messenger and Microsoft LifeCams
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/default.mspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline

This thread: