LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-09 > 1158763110

From: "Drew Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] Duplicate Question and Answers
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:38:30 -0400

The word "popped", for me, suggested something having to do with the POP
e-mail standard, which has to do with how you access a mailbox from a PC.
If you are referring to e-mail that is automatically redirected from one
address to a different address, the best term to use would be "autoforward".

When you subscribe to a list, the list management software usually looks at
the "From" line to see what address should be subscribed. This, in fact, is
how people often run into subscription problems, because they later change
their "From" address (as you pointed out in example, from "@mail.xyz.com" to
"@xyz.com"), or it is changed for them by their ISP, which means that the
list management software sees them as a different address from the original
subscription address. So it's not impossible to subscribe to the same list
under two forms of the same address.

Drew