Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-09 > 1158722964

From: James Shuman <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] Duplicate Question and Answers
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:29:24 -0700

A question to help determine the cause:

Are the answers you are receiving identical, or are there just two
_similar_ answers?

If they are only similar, then that is one of the beauties of the
volunteer system: there are many, many helpful folks who try to
provide answers to the questions that are raised. Often, more than
one person may type -- and send -- an answer at approximately the
same time.

We see that a lot, but most of us are grateful to know that several
people are thinking along similar lines.

>I do not think that is the answer at least to what I am seeing. I am
>averaging over 50 double messages per day from quite a few lists
>since the changes were made. These are not replies to my posts but
>answers to other peoples queries.
>At 07:05 PM 9/19/2006, you wrote:
>>Some email clients automatically answer to the poster AND the list.
>>Are the doubles you get answers to your own posts?
>>On 9/20/06, Dean Gilchrist <> wrote:
>> > Why do I receive duplicate answers to many of the questions put to
>> > this list?
> > > Dean

James Shuman

This thread: