LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-09 > 1157334875

Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] SPAM
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:54:35 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/2006 9:49:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Since I signed up for the list update I have received hundreds of SPAM
replies with the subject of LIST-UPDATE. What is the Deal????

What do you consider SPAM? Are you talking about posts to this list -- the
queries and responses? If so, they are not spam and you need to train your
spam filters not to consider them spam or perhaps you should merely unsub from
the list if you feel the messages are spam. If you actually mean you are
getting a lot of unsolicited email that is spam (unrelated to this list)--then
it isn't because of being subscribed to this list--it is because spam bots
found our email address in a public place on the net and harvested it.

Joan

This thread: