LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1156543534

From: "Andre Gouws" <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] Speed
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:05:34 -0500

UNSUBSCRIBE
----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 11:51 AM

> In a message dated 8/25/2006 12:44:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> writes:
>
> So do we see an improvement of speed on the server?
>
> -Rob
>

> Rob-
>
> I probably have tested this more closely than most people in that I had
> set
> all my lists9 mail to arrive via PML and it should also have been arriving
> via
> the list--and it wasn't. By late last night my PML and list copies were
> arriving at the same time. The PML copy is generated at the same time the
> message hits archiver -- so I'd say the delays are not a problem now since
> my
> lists copy are getting there within a minute of the PML copy. However,
> not ALL
> of the old messages have arrived as yet (I understand you still have old
> delayed queued mail on the server to be released over time). So I guess
> subscribers should be alerted that they may still be seeing some old
> outdated mail
> coming through as it is gradually released from the queue--but the
> current mail
> should continue to be delivered timely.
>
> Joan

This message, together with any attachments, is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is
strictly prohibited. Please notify the original sender immediately by
telephone or by return E-mail and delete this message along with any
attachments, from your computer. Thank you.
This e-mail is Property of UMH25/8/2006

This thread: