LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155943372

From: "Lauren Boyd" <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] What a mess!
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:22:52 -0700

Hi Bob:

Sharing the important bits of the response to your question as
exchanged in private mail asking if you'd received a response
yet......

Mostly, how this will affect your user experience is that you no longer have to
put an L in the address to send to any of the lists. If you filter
mail, you may have to tweak your filter settings depending on what you
filter on. If you are one of the rare folks that subscribe to both
single message and digest mode, you will no longer be able to use only
one address to do that. Each subscription will have to come from a
unique address. If you are a digest subscriber, it may appear
differently than you are accustomed. And that can by adjusted by your
list admin... just write and ask.

That's it in a nutshell. You Should not have any changes in your
experience with the new software that Rootsweb has moved to. Should
you, then report to your admin so they may be addressed. As with all
changes to a new system, there can be challenges along the way. They
are working on making the system work smoothly. As more lists
migrate, it is magnifying issues that did not display during the BETA
tests. They are addressing each as it surfaces. Overall, considering
that 6,000 lists moved yesterday of the 30,000 to move... they are
doing a pretty good job of adjusting settings.

I hope this has been responsive to your questions.

Cheers,

Lauren

On 8/16/06, Bob <> wrote:
> How could something that should be simple cause such confusion. I
> don't know how a changeover could be announced when it wasn't fully tested.
> All I see here is one person stating one thing and the next saying something
> else entirely. I have not received so may e-mails from a list before. AND
> the worst thing is, I can't understand what they are trying to do.
>
> Can someone (and only one {maybe the administrators} ) take the
> time to tell all us common folk what it is they are trying to do and what
> has gone wrong? I would unsubscribe but then I wouldn't see your answer and
> problably wouldn't know when all is cleared up.
>
> Bob

This thread: