LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155868283

From: "Lauren Boyd" <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] Suggestion of how to set filters,
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:31:23 -0700

Hi Scott:

Actually it did not suggest "not" using the subject.
(I use subject filtering myself... or email address in "to field".)

I merely had passed along another's info re filtering on the
X lines.. for mailman, vs what had been use for smartlist.

It had been presented as an alternative to subject line
filtering when a user complained that the old x diagnostics
would change and he did not like subject filtering as there
can be two prepends, etc. that may conflict/confuse his
filtering system. The X -loop was provided as a suggestion
to avoid that type of conflict.

Let's try this again:
"Why not just use the To: field? It's always worked for me in the past
(and is less weird for most users).

Or will these three all be independent of whether list or digest mode is used?

Scott

If it works "for you" to use he "To: field", then, by all means, use it.
My message was not addressing that initially.

And I believe the answer to the second bit is "yes."

Cheers,

Lauren

This thread: