LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155847138

From: Rod Dav4is <>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:38:58 -0400

Lauren Boyd wrote in part:

>Hi Sue:
>
>Various people will opt to use different things to sort their mail and
>filter it to files.
>I believe the X lines were suggested as an alternative for those that
>filter based on them, due to receiving mail that may contain different
>and perhaps conflicting subject lines, etc.

8><

1. Do all email clients allow filtering on any old header lines?
2. I would be not be surpassed if there were some that allowed only
To:, cc:, subject:, body:.
3. And what subscribers know that much about the intricacies of the
header lines anyway?
4. If the new RW mailing lists require such esoteric knowledge in
order to do filtering, a Big Mistake has been made.

--

Regards, Rod Dav4is / P.O. Box 118 / Hyde Park, NY 12538 / USA
Genealogy, et Cetera: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~dav4is/

This thread: