LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155841154

From: Rollie Littlewood <>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:59:14 -0500

Earlier I wrote:
>One change I am very disappointed to see in the new incarnation of
RootsWeb mailing list is that they have done away with the
up filters to separate my incoming RootsWeb messages according to the
list to which they belong.... As a matter of personal pain, I am now
going to have to rewrite approximately 100 filters in my e-mail
program....

At 02:04 PM on 8/17/2006 responded:
>...How about resetting your filters on the x-loop or been there headers?

I assumed there would be some suitable substitute header. I just
didn't like the idea of having to change or add about a hundred filters
for what seems like no good reason.

Assuming I really had no alternative, I charged ahead; I am not the
800-pound gorilla in this scene. I bypassed the x-loop or been there
headers, because I was uncertain as to their genesis. I chose instead
the List-ID: header, which looks like it ought to have the same
significance as X-Mailing-List: did. (Obviously this is one part of my
life where I don't read all the technical specs which would tell me WHY
things are the way they are--I just want things to work reliably.)

Rollie

This thread: