LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155789105

Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 04:31:45 +0000

If that is the future I'll pass thanks! <G>

The only problem with a bi-directioonal gateway is control. I invite you to look at the chaos in the soc.genealogy.medieval usenet newsgroup. the posters on the mailing list can be handled but because it is an unmoderated usenet group one person can cause uproar for years and nothing can be done about it. I'd think very, *very* carefully before going down that road- unless the same person administered both the board and the mailing list.

From: Valorie Zimmerman <>

> This is the future, I think. People will join a group, then choose for
> themselves how they prefer to contribute, and how they want to access the
> group messages. They can visit the board/archives, read in their RSS readers,
> or get email. We are a ways off from that yet, however.
>
> Valorie

This thread: