LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155692077

From: "Linda Lambert" <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] LIST-UPDATE Digest, Vol 1, Issue 35
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:34:37 -0700

I used to be a writer for users' manuals at corporations. What we did, was
go under the assumption that nobody knew anything <grin> and wrote the
directions thusly.

In other words, "turn on the machine, using the red button. Give it time to
warm up and wait for the welcome screen....etc." It was so basic that a
child could follow it. I think that's what's needed here. Some of us are
experienced list administrators, others are not. If other people are like
me, they can have a brain cramp about something they've done for years and
draw a total blank.

Let's be respectful of everyone's needs. If getting down to basics helps
newbies, it certainly can't harm experienced users.

Linda