LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155687482

From: "Peter Wharton" <>
Subject: [LIST-UPDATE] From display
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:18:02 +0100

Hopefully this is on topic.
Although not probably as significant as some of the issues the admins on
this list have raised as a simple list user it is something that I find
irritating and may cause some confusion particularly when the list is set to
"reply to the list" which isn't either of the addresses shown!
All the messages I am receiving on this list are as shown in the following
example;

[] On Behalf Of Melissa
[]

My understanding is that this occurs because rootsweb (mailman?) in addition
to setting the from field as the actual sender also adds "
" in the "sender" field. Some clients
display this as above; mine, Outlook 2003, being one of them. The same issue
occurs with Gmail using their send as facility. Could the system be changed
to put this extra info in X-sender which should not cause the same effect
or will it be configurable by the list administrator?

Regards

Peter Wharton.

This thread: