LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155687215

From: "Drew Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] What is the name of this list
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:13:35 -0400

"list-update" is the name of the list. It appears in the "To:" field.
"list-update-bounces" is the address that sends out the information to the
list. It appears in the "From:" field.

That way, if a message bounces, the bounce doesn't go back to the list
itself. It goes back to the From: address, which is the "bounces" address,
where it can be handled appropriately by the software.

Drew Smith

This thread: