LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155590305

Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] Replying to a list mesage
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:18:25 EDT

I absolutely disagree. I abhor the use of the Reply-to-List option.

----
On a genealogy list the REPLY TO setting is obviously the choice of the
admin--what works on one list might not be best for another. However, when it
comes to a HELP list such as this one where we ALL need to see the questions
and replies--REPLY TO LIST is defiinitely the only way to get that information
to everyone. There shouldn't be any private chit-chat on a list like this
one. We have enough REAL issues to discuss and we all need to see the answers.

Joan

This thread: