LIST-UPDATE-L Archives

Archiver > LIST-UPDATE > 2006-08 > 1155586983

From: Lainee Denton-Jones <>
Subject: Re: [LIST-UPDATE] [Fwd: Re: List-Update admin pleas read]
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:23:03 -0500

And I actually got THREE copies of that email...TWO in my ListOwners
folder and ONE in the List-Update folder. The folder I have set up
are set up on addies like and
(yes I know I will have to play with the
-L's when my lists get migrated). This is the first time this has
happened so am presuming it has something to do with the way Mailman
is reading stuff? Guess I need to figure out a better way to filter
and tweak some more. :(

Lainee

At 03:16 PM 8/14/2006, wrote:

>This is but another example of the problem that can be generated when
>someone cross-posts to multiple lists and the TO (and CC) headers don't get
>stripped. Peter posted to this list (list-update) and the TO headers show:
>
>From: "P. S. Wyant" <>
>To: ,
>
>While the copy that went to LO shows:
>
>From: "P. S. Wyant" <>
>
>It is absolutely crucial on RootsWeb lists that the extraneous TO and CC
>headers be stripped in Mailman as they are on our SmartList lists.
>
>This instance was only a cross-post between TWO lists but suppose it had
>been THIRTY lists and we DO have posters who post to 30 lists at a
>time. All it
>takes is a few people hitting REPLY ALL to those thirty lists (29 of which
>they may not subscribe to) to create havoc on our lists. This is a crucial
>issue in my opinion.
>
>Joan

This thread: