LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1017549522

From: Philip Lindsey <>
Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] Family Names, Importance?
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:39:59 -0600

Hello Betty and List,

Betty and I have etalked about our troublesome Missouri Linds*ys for a good long while, but tonight I see something that someone else on list might be able to help both of use by chiming in on this.
I see (notice?) tonight for the first time the Mahala Lindsay/William Mullins marriage. I had not had it in my data What I did have was a July 23, 1848 marriage between David Lindsay and Judiah Mullin right across the Missouri River in neighboring Saline County, Missouri.
Given the number of Lindsays and Mullin(s) families in that area between 1820 and 1848, I would have a high suspicion index that there is a close common ancestor. Who is the Lindsay parent. Ezekiel? Jacob?
This David Lindsay has some biographical information in the 1883 History of Saline County. If memory serves, he went to Oregon, but returned. Possibly having ties to the Lindsey Applegate who was in Henry County about 1850 who also went (I think) but stayed. David has other Lindsay relatives (males in CW) close to him at a point
close to the CW.
Have you ever looked at that bunch, Betty?

Best Regards,

Phil