LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1017437089

From: Penny Cox <>
Subject: FW: [LINDSAY] HELP
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 09:25:17 +1200

Hi Yvonne

I am interested in the Lindsays who came from Edzell Castle. My Gt
Grandfather emmigrated to Australia and then New Zealand around 1890 and he
always had on his house a brass plaque with Edzell on it. His family in
Scotland lived in Edinburgh and I have only traced back to my Gt Gt Gt
Grandfather who came from Berwick (not far from Edinburgh).

My Gt Gt GT Grandfather founded a cooperage in Edinburgh called Cannonmills
and this was taken over by his son James Lindsay who was uncle to my Gt
Grandfather. James became very prosperous and built a house on Inverleith
Terrace which he named Edzell Lodge. As Edzell keeps cropping up there must
be a conncection, but it would not be easy to prove, especially from the
other side of the world.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Penny