LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1017422264

From: Philip Lindsey <>
Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] Stephen Lindsay, Orange & Alamance Cos, NC
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:18:05 -0600

Hello Andy,
This is an old email I had saved (can't remember why, right now).
With the DNA project afoot at clanlindsay.www, and Ron Lindsay's (of
clanlindsay.www and the Lindsay list at Rootsweb) email concerning the
advantages of cooperative researching, there has been a bit more work afoot
lately.
Last week we were able to connect a lady who was brick walled with a
Stephen C. Lindsay of Orange County, NC. I saw your email and wonder if it is
the same one. Is the Stephen C. Lindsay that you have born about 1829 and
served in the CW with the Warrenton Rifles?
If so, I would like to correspond. If not, I'd like to separate the lines
in anticipation of the DNA results (the lady has a lock of Stephen's hair,
apparently, and is offering it for DNA. I reckon it is probably not needed, as
we have live descendants of Stephen's grandfather who have agreed to test).

Sincerely,

Phil Lindsey