LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1017108379

From: Tom Lindsay <>
Subject: RE: [LINDSAY] Dennis Lindsay/Lindsey: Comments about the Given Name
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:06:19 -0500

Bill:

The Dionysius derivation is interesting - it is the first time I have heard
of the tie-in. Wasn't Dionysius the Greek god of fertility and wine?
Given the number of Linds*ys named Dennis and the propensity of Linds*ys
for all things bacchanalia, it seems a good time was had by all. :) We
are, after all, the "Lightsome Lindsays".

Thanks, Bill (Dennis) for the input. In our immediate family, the
tradition is carried on by my older brother's only son, Dennis Patrick
Lindsay. My only son is Sean Richard Lindsay (no traditions involved in
his naming, other than Sean being Gaelic for John).

Cheers to all,
Tom

PS. Regarding Ron Lindsay's DNA project and the various excellent
comments and suggestions forthcoming in the last 10 days or so, it occurs
to me that those Lindsays I have met over the years, not just immediate
family, I have noted how many of them share a number of distinctive facial
and physical characteristics which might be interesting to explore At
some point those Linds*ys who are involved in the DNA testing as well as
those that are following its progress might further the development and
understanding of our common ancestry by electronically sharing color
photographs of themselves with the List or via the Clan Lindsay website.
In particular, to the extent that the DNA testing places a number of
individual participants into a common ancestor group, it would be
interesting to see how and to what extent these Linds*ys resemble each
other.