LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1016975863

From: "Laurence Lee" <>
Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] I'll try once once more, if y'all will!
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 08:17:43 -0500

Philip:

I greatly enjoyed reading your Laban Lindsey saga. In 1996 when I joined
this list, I resolved to track every Lindsey/Lindsay name I received from
any source with the goal of eventually linking them all together. However.
. .life got in the way, and I didn't get very far. I did however, enter the
book, Ephraim Lindsey and His Descendants, into Family Tree Maker. My
parents bought the book in the early 1960's thinking it might provide some
connections (it didn't). If anyone is interested in that database, I am
happy to provide a copy.

So, I greatly admire those of you who keep lots of names on your computers,
and can help others. I well know the thrill of making connections. Helping
others, even when you are not directly related, is very altruistic. I ran
into someone on another line who was so unhelpful, you would have thought I
had asked him to fly as send me some copies, even after I offered to pay for
stamps and photocopies.

My point, after all this, is that researching and finding ancestors is a
great endeavor and very rewarding. But we rise to the next level when we
share with no thought of personal gain.

Philip - keep writing and letting us know what you find. You express
yourself very well and I for one will be interested in whatever you are
doing.

Elizabeth (Lindsey) Lee