LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1016815528

From: Ron Lindsay <>
Subject: [LINDSAY] William Thorndale & Newsletter on Southern Colonial Lindsay Families
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:45:48 -0800

Good morning Bill,

I was not familiar with the work of William Thorndale nor the
Newsletter. This is very interesting.

(1) Could you tell us more about this effort?
(2) What year(s) was this done?
(3) What was the outcome of this effort?
(4) Was anything published?
(5) Does the Newsletter still exist?
(6) Is there any understanding where the effort was flawed or was it
considered successful?
(7) Can you also tell us more about the mode of operation and success of
the group of researchers on the Braselton/Brazelton family?

The biggest difference we have today and what researchers had to deal with
decades ago, is the vastly improved modes of communicating. Due to the
Internet, we have the ability to engage world wide in a collaborative mode
using software that allows us to review a document, in real time, and add
our comments/revisions for other team members to see and review.

Tell us more about William Thorndale's work if you can. Cheers.

Ron Lindsay
San Jose, CA