LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1016748316

Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] Currituck Co., NC, Lindsey
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:05:16 EST

In a message dated 03/21/2002 11:36:33 AM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> You are aware of "The Albemarle Lindseys and Their Descendants" by Gordon
> C. Jones published in 1979 that deals with this lineage of Lindseys?

Thanks for that information, Ron, and, yes, I do have the book and it is
wonderful and well documented. One problem is missing records in Currituck
that would tie us to the first Daniel who died there in 1720, and the next
problem is that there is nothing to give a clue as to where he came from. A
match with another line, that knows where they are from would be so great.

I would be willing to contribute to the cost of the test for a Lindsey from
the Currituck line.

Julia French Wood
New Orleans

This thread: