LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1016721275

From: "Robert Jordan" <>
Subject: [LINDSAY] Re: DNA Confusion
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:34:35 -0400

After viewing several years of Lindsey research on this site, not many of us can absolutely tie ourselves to one particular immigrant. I believe I can trace my Lindsey line to a John Lindsey of 1800 Rutherford Co. NC. There were nine Lindseys on that census though, and each, except one, has documented descendants (at least we hope). We don't know if the father of the group was a James Lindsey Sr. or James William Lindsey (who was either brother or son to James Sr.). There also may be a connection to the Orange Co. NC group. Many of us think these people derive from a William Lindsey of Brunswick Co. VA - who may have had ties to earlier VA Lindseys. There is no DNA testing that could prove the link to William -- it might show a link to one of the other VA families though, and we still would not know for certain. So, DNA testing could prove some things, but could also be a huge confusion factor. I vote to try this DNA testing -- with some reservations about the outcome. Will!
it cause more arguments then we now have, or will it settle some old arguments?

This thread: