LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1016711911

From: "John Lindsay" <>
Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] Documented Genealogy to Support Our DNA Project
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 05:58:31 -0600

First of all, I agree with Katie on Ron's efforts. Doing things like this
takes a lot of time and effort, and I for one don't want it to be a
thankless job, so thank you Ron. But one of the problems we have is
documentation. Whether it is on Ancestry Family Tree, or WFT, or whatever,
people seem to be increasingly dumping garbage out there.

Before we publish anything as fact, we really need to have corroborating
documentation. I have found that even word of mouth from dear family
members who should know may be suspect and needs to be affirmed from the
primary record.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but there is A LOT of garbage out there.

John William Lindsay

This thread: