LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1016688815

From: "katie angermeyer" <>
Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] Documented Genealogy to Support Our DNA Project
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 05:33:35 +0000

Ron,

I like your ideas. We could save a lot of individual effort by dividing up
the enormous job of searching various county, military, church records, as
well as connecting on the DNA project. Coordinating on known immigrant
patriarch's would be helpful. A "summit" sounds like a great idea... maybe
every four-five years and in a variety of locations, close to areas where
common ancestors lived (such as Pennsylvania/ New England/ Virginia /
Northern Ireland / Ayreshire). Allow me to dream. Speaking for myself, I
know that I would love to visit the places those folks lived. Perhaps
members of the group could offer suggestions for time and place, and take a
poll of the most-wanted roots place to visit. Once at a hot spot location,
the libraries, churches, graveyards, courthouses and historical societies
can be systemmatically raided by Lindsays en masse. Would save on lots of
hours of individual research time and expense, besides being great fun.

Blessings, Katie