LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2002-03 > 1016466488

From: Philip Lindsey <>
Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] NC Southern Claims Commission
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:48:29 -0600

Donovan,

Do you have any dates of birth, death, marriages for Laban? If you can give
me anything here, I might be able to help. I do have at least two Laban Lindsays,
but none of them show a marriage in Yadkin.
I do have a Lindsay marriage in Yadkin but it is Martha Jane Lindsay to a
Richard Bagby in October, 1865. Could that be Laban's widow?
There are two other Laban Lindsey's that I show. One is a resident of Green
County, Missouri in 1870 while the other is married to Susannah Johnson in
Granville County, NC in 1782. To me that would seem like a descendant of the
Granville County Laban Lindsay going to Missouri.
If you can get me some definite information, I'll make a trip to my "Sacred
Cave of Brick Wall-Breakers" this week and see what I can find. What do you
think, Donovan?

Best Regards,

Phil