LIECHTENSTEIN-L Archives

Archiver > LIECHTENSTEIN > 2005-10 > 1128563571

Subject: Re: Matt and Marxer from Liechtenstein
Date: 5 Oct 2005 19:52:51 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/YZC.2ACE/5.6

Message Board Post:

OK, I see that this message is a few years old, but I am also descended from the Matts of Mauren, Liechtenstein. I was just on the One Family Tree site within the Ancestry.com website and found this goldmine of information on the Matts back to the early 1600's. One question though: I was wondering if one of you Matt geneologists put the information on there and where it came from. I am just looking for a little confirmation that it is true before I officially write it into the book I am making for my family. My GG grandfather, Joseph Matt came over to the USA in 1852 with his brother Mathias and another Matt and settled in Clayton County, Ia near Garnavillo.

Thanks,
Julie Holtz

This thread: