LEWTER-L Archives

Archiver > LEWTER > 2006-08 > 1156030142

From: "Kim Wrenn" <>
Subject: Re: [LEWTER] Martin and Peggy Batchelor Lewter - Just found this
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:29:58 -0400

Actually, present day Durham County was still part of Orange County NC at
that time. If you look at an NC map showing counties, you'll see that the
area we concentrate on is along the Wake and Chatham Co lines and just a few
miles south of the Durham County Line. Peggy's parents were dead by this
point (I think) but she did have siblings (my husband's Batchelors) who
lived close by. There were some relatives close by in Orange county. I'm
not sure whether they were in present day orange or Durham Co though. If
the old time Batchelor folks were like their descendents in the early
1900's, they weren't afraid to 'go toe to toe' with someone in court if they
had to :)

Kim