LEWIS-L Archives

Archiver > LEWIS > 2006-04 > 1145108648

Subject: Re: [LEWIS] Re: LEWIS-D Digest V06 #35
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:44:08 -0500

Wow, Linda, thanks for your offer to send documentation on Isabel. Can't get
over the fact that this gal had all these children out of wedlock and
apparently it was a well-known fact! Wonder what Polly Moore thought about all
this - would like to have been a fly on the wall in conversations between her
and hubby Sam! (grin)
Brings to another point --I wonder if any of the descendants of Isabel have
done DNA testing with known descendants of Samuel Moore? That might prove
interesting.
Since you are a directly related to Samuel and Polly - let me ask you this -
what do you know about their daughter Caroline McBee? The reason I ask is
that I believe my George W. Lewis (age 7) is living with the McBee's on the
1870 census of Newton Co., MO and then my George is living with them (aged 17)
on the 1880 census of Hunt Co., TX. George is listed as "cousin" on that 1880
census. It appears the McBees had only one daughter.
Jackie