LENT-L Archives

Archiver > LENT > 1999-07 > 0931705997

From: <>
Subject: [LENT-L] Lent Family in Cortlandtown, Weschester County, NY
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 11:13:17 EDT

Hello All,

As a new subscriber, I thought I would see if any Lent researchers are
looking for the same Lent family.

I am searching for the parents and siblings of Mary Lent, born about
1820
(US Census) in Montrose, NY (death certificate of daughter Catharine).
Married to Silas Brown of Peekskill about 1846. Re-married to Jeremiah
Murden sometime between 1860 and 1870. Died sometime after 1887.

A check of the L.D.S. Int. Gen. Index found the following family:

Father: John LENT, b. abt 1790 in Cortland, Westchester, NY
Mother: Hetty OWENS, b. abt 1794 in Cortland, Westchester, NY

They were married abt 1815 in Cortland, Westchester, NY.

Children:

1. Jonathan Ferris LENT, b. abt 1816, Cortland, Westchester, NY

2. Margaret Ann LENT, b. 21 Feb., 1818, Cortland, Westchester, NY

3. Mary LENT, b. 12 April 1820, Cortland, Westchester, NY

All 3 were christened 5 June, 1822 at the Cortlandtown Reformed Dutch Church,
Westchester, NY. The I.G.I. indicates that this church was located in
Montrose. I'm hoping to prove that Mary Lent, wife of Silas Brown, and Mary
Lent, daughter of John Lent and Hetty Owens, are the same person. Is anyone
searching the same Lent family?

Thanks,

Fred L

This thread: