LEEMING-L Archives

Archiver > LEEMING > 1999-07 > 0930849200

From: "Jane & Gareth Hughes" <>
Subject: LEEMING jottings
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:13:20 +0100

Hi All,

Spotted this in Baines & Parson's Directory , 1882:

Manchester: Worsted Spinners & Dealers:

Houghton, Leeming & Co. (woollen yarn)
Old Quay Mill, Water St

Clearly one Leeming from the better-off side of the family (i.e. not mine!)

TONY: I have the 1851 British census cd for Devon, Norfolk & Warwickshire
and am happy to do blanket search of Leemings for your one-name study (there
are not many, from memory). I will post it to the list for all to share. Do
you want it in a particular format as well, for ease of transfer to your
database, or are you happy to pick up the data from the list?

By the way, did you receive the other data OK (sent to your personal email
address)?

I am happy to do any non-Leeming searches of this census data, if anyone
wants to contact me direct.

Jane Hughes

This thread: