LA-CENSUS-LOOKUP-L Archives

Archiver > LA-CENSUS-LOOKUP > 2007-09 > 1190384433

From: "Frannie" <>
Subject: Re: [LA-CENSUS-LOOKUP] [MS-CENSUS-LOOKUP] 1900/Amite,MS/POWELL
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:20:33 -0500

Craig,

I found them in Georgia, close to a Ruben N. Powell, age 46, could this be
William's father? There is a 34 year old female named Caroline living with
him, along with three children, Sarah F., 12; Mary A., 11; and Nancy J., 3.
Here is William's info:

Source Citation: Year: 1870; Census Place: Cusseta, Chattahoochee, Georgia;
Roll: M593_142; Page: 25; Image: 51.

80/80 Powell, William 24 MW Farm labor bGeorgia

Missouri 24 FW Farm labor b Georgia

Martha 3 FW b Georgia

Frances 1 FW b Georgia

Osteen, Frances 57 FW Housekeeper b Georgia

Frances Osteen is still with them in 1880, thought the relationship isn't
clear. It looks like "wife's mother" was originally written, then striken
out. I hope this helps!

Frannie