LA-CENSUS-LOOKUP-L Archives

Archiver > LA-CENSUS-LOOKUP > 2007-07 > 1184633403

From: "Lona Boudreaux" <>
Subject: Re: [LA-CENSUS-LOOKUP] 1990 Census/Jackson Parish/Cockrell
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:50:03 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I'm helping a friend start searching for his family. My friend's father was:

William Foster Cockrell born April 1900 in Eros. I thought I would start with the 1900 census in hopes the census was taken after April. William had a brother named Jim, who built houses in the Eros or Monroe area. There were other brothers and sisters but William was the oldest child.

My friend's paternal grandfather, he doesn't know his name, had a store in Monroe, La. His paternal grandmother's maiden name was French from south Louisiana. He doesn't know her maiden name.

When the depression hit and times got tough, William's father moved the family to Alvin, Brazoria County, Texas and took up farming.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Lona Laughlin Boudreaux
Monroe, La