LA-CENSUS-LOOKUP-L Archives

Archiver > LA-CENSUS-LOOKUP > 2006-03 > 1141421961

Subject: Re: [LA-CEN] 1880 / New Orleans / BEUGNOT, J.F.
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:39:21 EST

Jean,

I didn't see a reply to your request.
This looks like him in the 1880 census:

Name: J.F. Beugnot
Age: 75
Birthplace: France
Estimated birth year: abt. 1805
Home in 1880: New Orleans, Orleans, LA
Roll: T9_462
Page: 598B
Enumeration District: 51
Census enumerated June 21, 1880

Living at 223 Esplanade West
J.F. Beugnot, head, 75, Physician, b. France, parents b. France
Aime' Beugnot, wife, 32, Keeping house, b. LA, parents b. LA
Margarite?, daughter, 14, at school, b. LA
??, son, 12, at school, b. LA
Clara, 8, daughter, at school, b. LA
?.C. Schriker?, mother-in-law, 76, at home, b. LA, parents b. LA
Pina? or Poina? Becq, (male), 35, Servant, b. Belgium, parents b.
Belgium
Maria Becq, 30, Servant, b. Belgium, parents b. Belgium

NOTE: The son has two initials instead of a name, but I can't make them
out.
There's also a first initial for the mother-in-law but I can't make that out
either.
The writing is small and very black so the small letters are hard to define.

Marilyn