KYWASHIN-L Archives

Archiver > KYWASHIN > 1999-07 > 0933351554

From: CB Coslow <>
Subject: [KYWASHIN-L] Re: KYWASHIN-D Digest V99 #141/Riley, Hayes
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:19:14 -0600

> > Subject: Unidentified subject!
> > Date: Thu, 29 Jul 99 13:42:12 -0500
> > From: bill riley <>
> >
> > I am interested in finding any information concerning my grandparent's parents. My grandparents
> > were Hugh Berkley RILEY and Dora Lee (HAYES) RILEY. The were married in Cardwell, KY, August 8,
> > 1913. H.B.'s father was Robert Dennis RILEY and Dora's father was John Hardin HAYES. My father
> > was William Woodrow Riley, born October 7, 1916 at Washington County, KY. H.B. had four
> > brothers, Edgar, Thomas, William and James and four sisters, Minnie, Maud, Mary and Lilly.
> > Minnie married Everett Scruggs and they operated a store in Willisburg for several years. Would
> > appreciate any info on any of above. Bill Riley

Bill -- This doesn't answer your question, but is it possible that
Lilly Riley, rather than Minnie, married Everett Scruggs?? I have the
following, abstracted from the Springfield Sun...

Dorothy Ann Scruggs Devine
Born: Apr 15, 1910 Washington Co. KY
Died: Apr 5, 1996 Lebanon KY (age 85)
Resided: Lawrenceburg Road, Willisburg KY
Parents: Everett and Lillie Riley Scruggs (dec'd)
Son(s): Terry Devine, Lawrenceburg
Daughter(s): Mrs. Charles (Sherry) Stine, Willisburg; Peggy Hays, Mt.
Washington
Grandchild(ren): 12
Great-grandchild(ren): 19
Great-great-grandchildren: 5
Brother(s): Edgar Scruggs, Knoxville TN
Sister(s): Minnie Scruggs and Mrs. Vernie Royalty, Willisburg
Arrangements: Carey & Son Funeral Home, Springfield
Burial: Apr 8, 1996 Evergreen Cemetery, Willisburg
Officiating: Rev. J.W. Hatfield, pastor of Willisburg Baptist Church
Pallbearers: Terry Hays, Ronnie Hays, Jeff Stine, Stacy Barr, David
Coslow and Danny Hardin

[Source: Springfield Sun Wed Apr 10, 1996]

This is consistent with the obituary of her brother, Edgar T. Scruggs,
who died in Knoxville TN on May 9, 1996.

Sorry, but I don't have any data on the generation you're researching.

Birchell Coslow
Laramie WY

This thread: