KYMUHLEN-L Archives

Archiver > KYMUHLEN > 2010-12 > 1293493693

Subject: Re: [KYMUHLEN] Wills in Muhlenberg County
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:48:13 EST

Renee,

Try the library in Greenville

Phone: 270-338-5388 (mailto:)
Contact: Coni Wallace or Teresa Graham
Pauline

In a message dated 12/27/2010 2:56:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Hello all.

I have never tried to do any research on family wills.
And I've hit the point where I need to do so. I don't know where to
start.

I am looking for the wills of my Great-Grandparents;

Timothy Robert Downing Humphrey, who went by the name of Robert
b. 01 Apr 1869 Muhlenberg, KY
d. 23 Nov 1927 in Central City, Muhlenberg, KY

and

Sarah Ellen (Holland) Humphrey
b. 02 Mar 1868 Central City, Muhlenberg, KY
d. 22 Aug 1954 Greenville, Muhlenberg, KY

One of my cousins said that she thinks there might be a records room
at the courthouse in Greenville that had wills. She also told me that the
courthouse is being refurbished right now and she is not sure if any
records
are available while the work is going on, or if the records have been moved
somewhere else.

I have to do all of my research online, or by phone or mail.
I live in California and the only way I'll ever get to Kentucky is
if I win the lottery. And we all know how THAT is going to turn out!

If anyone can provide me with any information on how to go about
finding wills for folks who died in Muhlenberg County, I sure
would appreciate it. Thank you ahead of time for any help!

Renee