KYKENTON-L Archives

Archiver > KYKENTON > 1999-01 > 0917216471

From: <>
Subject: Mother of God Cemetery
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 17:21:11 EST

Hello:

I too was looking for my gggrandmother's grave at Mother of God
Cemetery~~Elizabeth Darlinghaus, died April 28, 1883 and her death record says
burial at Mother of God.

A few years ago I was passing through Cincinnati/Covington and while waiting
at Mother of God Cemetery to check the records a priest was also waiting and
told me the old cemetery was going to be used for a Soccer field and that
grave markers were piled up near this field on the over side of a fence!!!!!!
Some graves were moved to the newer Mother of God and others were not!!! Upon
checking with the person running the New Mother of God Cemetery he had NO
RECORD for my ancestor and could not give me any other information. Since I
was heading out of town I didn't go and check the pile of gravestones the
priest told me about as I was in no mood to find a marker for my gggrandmother
and realize she had not been moved and her grave is now forever lost under a
Soccer field!!!!

Anyone who might know where the records are located for the original Mother of
God cemetery I would appreciate any information that might be in the record as
I don't have a birth date for my gggrandmother.

If the orginal cemetery is gone I would at least think RECORDS would be
available somewhere.

Thanks

Mary

This thread: